This form provides information to assist in making an informed decision of whether or not to undergo a semi-permanent cosmetics application. If you have questions, please don‘t hesitate to ask.
Although permanent cosmetic tattooing is effective in most cases, no guarantee can be made that a specific client will benefit from the procedure. This is the process of depositing pigment into the top dermal layer of the skin and is a form of tattooing.
Pin Aesthetics is a nurse led home clinic that is fully insured and licensed for SPMU procedures.
LIP BLUSH What is it?
Lip Blush is a semi-permanent tattoo treatment that enhances the natural shape of your lips, giving you full, beautiful lips 24 hours a day. This is not the old style of semi permanent make up. Thick, bold lip liners can look dated and unnatural, this treatment is about making your lips even, creating the illusion of volume and ensuring that the colour stays put in any situation. All you need to do is add a little gloss and you’re good to go!
Lip blush can be as subtle or as dramatic as you desire.
Darker skin tones may not be suitable for a lip blush tattoo due to the cool undertones occurring in the skin pigmentation.
Does it hurt?
It can be uncomfortable yes, however, the area will numbed with topical numbing agent prior to starting the treatment.
Pin aesthetics also offers dental blocks which involve several injections of lidocaine to the gum line. This is done directly before treatment is to commence and will last on average around half an hour but can take several hours to wear off fully. Not suitable for anyone who is allergic to lidocaine. You may have had this if you have received treatment at your dentist. Please discuss this option at your consultation. There is an additional charge of £25 for dental block
How long does it last?
Lip blush tattoo can last between 2/3 years. With time and sun exposure the pigment can lighten and it may be necessary to have an annual touch up to bring the appearance back to its original high standards.
How much is the treatment?
£350 including your first and second session.
Or, £450 for lips with hyperpigmentation (very cool lips) who require three sessions.
Example Patient consent
I will tell all skincare professionals or medical personnel about my permanent makeup procedures. I understand that any skin treatments i.e. Retin A, Renova, Alpha Hydroxy and Glycolic Acids, laser hair removal, plastic surgery, or other skin altering procedures may result in adverse changes to my permanent makeup. I understand that the sun, tanning beds, pools, some skincare products and medications can affect my permanent makeup.
I understand that successful colour saturation can NOT be guaranteed due to hidden scar tissue. I acknowledge that the proposed procedure(s) involve risks inherent in the procedure and have possibilities of complications during and/or following the procedures such as infection, poor colour retention and hyper-pigmentation.
I accept the responsibility of explaining to you my desire for specific colours, shape, and position for any procedure done today.
I understand that after my service, there will be no refunds. No exceptions.
All complimentary follow-up sessions that are must be done 6-9 weeks from the initial session. Failure to make this appointment will incur its corresponding fee.
I understand that implanted pigment colour can slightly change in colour or shape and fade over time due to circumstances beyond my artist control. I will need to maintain the colour with future applications at my own expense.
If I have any signs and symptoms of infections, I will seek medical care. These include but are not limited to redness, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, red streak going from the procedure site towards the heart, elevated temperature, or purulent drainage from the procedure site.
RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE TREATMENT I understand that I have the right to discontinue treatment at any time & I understand payment will still have to be made in full.
PAYMENT I understand that this is an ‘elective’ procedure and that payment is my responsibility and is expected at the time of treatment.
PUBLICITY MATERIALS I authorise the taking of clinical photographs and videos. I understand that photographs and videos may be taken of me for educational and marketing purposes.
I acknowledge that this procedure may alter my appearance and that no representations have been made to me to remove my permanent makeup. To my knowledge, I do not have a physical, mental, medical impairment or disability which might affect my well being as a direct or indirect result of my decision to have permanent makeup.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this contract or the alleged breach thereof, and if the dispute is not settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation within 30 days administered under (name Rules) before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. If parties are unable to agree on a mediator, a mediator shall be appointed by the named administrator. The process shall be confidential based on terms acceptable to the mediator and/or mediation service provider.
I acknowledge it is not reasonably possible for my technician to determine whether I might have an ALLERGIC reaction to the pigments, anaesthetic or ointment used in this process. I agree to forego a patch test and accept the risk that such a reaction is possible.
Notice that tattoo inks, dyes, and pigments have not been approved by the federal Food and Drug Administration and that the health consequences of using these products are unknown. *
I understand the restrictions on physical activities such as bathing, recreational water activities, gardening, or contact with animals, and the duration of the restrictions.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
Please carefully read through ALL of our terms and conditions of booking before making an appointment. This page covers who can/cannot have micropigmentation treatments, booking information, clinic policy and our COVID-19 saftey protocols.
MICROPIGMENTATION TREATMENTS CAN NOT GO AHEAD FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE/SUFFER FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Keloid scarring
- High/Low blood pressure
- Problems with wound healing
- Undergoing Chemotherapy/ Radiotherapy (must be 5 weeks post)
- Viral infections (diseases)
- Had botox/filler within a 2 week period of appointment (in the area to be treated)
- Heart problems
- Taking blood thinning medication
- Sick with a cold or flu-like virus
- Used Accutane or Rooaccutane in the last 6 months
- Have allergies to nickle or iron oxide
- Unrealistic expectations
IF YOU SUFFER FROM COLDSORES AND ARE LOOKING TO GET OUR LIP BLUSH TREATMENT YOU MUST GET A PRESCRIBED ANTI – VIRAL MEDICATION SUCH AS ACYCLOVIR FEW DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT BEFORE AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE TO PREVENT A BREAKOUT. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR G.P OR NURSE PRESCRIBER SOPHIE AT PIN AESTHETICS.
- Your skin in the area being treated should be in the best possible condition before treatment. If you are having our lip blush treatment you should moisturise your lips the week leading up to you appointment and keep yourself nice and hydrated to maximise your results.
- Stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Any waxing or shaving should be done at least 2 days before.
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc) 48 hours before your procedure, this will cause excess bleeding and may affect your results.
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle.
- We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in the area..
GENERAL POST APOINTMENT
- Do not touch the area until completely healed. If you need to apply aftercare/oil please do this with a cotton bud or clean freshly washed hands.
- Do not get the area wet until instructed to do so (this is usually between 5/7 days). You may need to avoid wetting the area by washing and cleaning around it or by drinking through a straw.
- Keep the area clean until it has fully healed and flaked/scabbed over to avoid infection.
- Do not expose to extreme temperatures or UV light for at least two weeks (this could pull the pigment out of your skin before it has chance to settle).
- Do not use any makeup, products, creams on the area until fully healed this can also pull the pigment out of your skin,
- DO NOT sweat excessively for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your tattoo. Salt in the sweat may also alter the colour of your tattoo. Moderate exercise is fine.
- Do not go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms.
- Do not get massages or facials or skin treatments during the healing process
- DO not use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHA’s on the lip area. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT use laser hair removal on your tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
LONG TERM AFTERCARE TO GET THE VERY BEST OUF OF YOUR RESULTS
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and longterm care of your micropigmentation treatment.
- Use at least SPF 50 or an amazon tattoo stick to protect your pigment, sun exposure is the biggest thing to cause fading and can alter the colour of your micropigmentation treatment.
- Stay hydrated and keep your skin healthy.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the area, this will case the pigment to fade faster.
- Do not do laser the area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the colour of the pigment.
LIP BLUSH AFTERCARE ADVICE
For 2/5 days after the treatment, you may experience the following symptoms:
Flaking, shedding, tenderness, dryness, itching, swelling, redness and tightness.
For at least 7 days after the procedure or, until the area appears to be healed, include the following in your daily routine:
• Apply moisturising balm as needed.
• Drink fluids immediately after the treatment (lips). Avoid getting the area wet for 5 days. Blot with a damp cloth if the area gets wet.
• Do not expose the area to any extreme temperatures. This includes sunbathing, tanning beds, saunas etc for two weeks.
• When in the sun, apply a SPF lip balm on sunblock to stop the pigment from being pulled out. No botox or filler for two weeks.
• Do NOT pick, scratch or rub the area or the colour will heal unevenly or cause scarring and infection.
The colour will be darker straight after the treatment and may go darker the next day, as the pigment oxidises in the skin.
Once healed, the pigment may look like it has disappeared or ‘not worked’ DON’T WORRY – this is completely normal and part of the healing process. Your skin is healing on the inside and the colour will bloom back this can take up to 4 weeks.
For cosmetic treatments, a second appointment is needed 6-12 weeks after your first treatment. This is usually a 60 minute appointment to add more pigment. This is because as the area is healing, some parts may not ‘hold’ as well as others and you may have a few patches that need more colour. This is completely normal and everyone heals differently.
- We do not take non refundable deposits at Pin Aesthetics
- Lip Blush procedures are FRIDAYS ONLY at Home clinic
- Please give a minimum of 24 hours cancellation notice if this is possible.
- In order to change the date/time of your appointment please follow the link and instructions that can be found in your confirmation e-mail. https://pinaesthetics.book.app
- If you are going to be late or cannot make your appointment due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late we do reserve the right to cancel your appointment.
- We are a very busy clinic, if you are 15 minutes late for your appointment it is highly likely that we will NOT be able to see you.
- All clients must be over the age of 18
- Children are strictly not allowed in the clinic
- No food/drinks are allowed in the clinic due to hygiene reasons
- We offer NO GUARANTEE for micropigmenation results.
- Individual results will vary from client to client.
- Aftercare of your micropigmentation and your skin type will directly contribute to your final results.
- Some may require additional touch ups to achieve their desired results.
- Regular touch up pricing will apply.
COVID-19 REOPENING PROTOCOL FOR CLIENTS – MUST READ!
- You MUST come ALONE to your appointment
- Please only arrive to your appointment for your scheduled time slot – no earlier or later. we do have a waiting room but please bear in mind that if I am with a patient I will be unable to answer the door.
- Please wear a mask – this is legal requirement
- Hand sanitiser will be provided upon your arrival
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms please rearrange your appointment